Pages

Friday, July 21, 2006

new...middle?

I'm changing up a central part of the story after something my colleague said almost a year ago when she first read it. It was something I had written to continue the story as I saw it in my head; she saw it and why it was necessary, but how I had gotten there didn't quite work. It had to do with getting my main character alone and getting her friends back the US.

Of course, this entails me going back and rewriting key pieces throughout the middle section, and maybe a little at the end. This is lots of work. But it's worth it as I think it will help people identify with Salome (my main character) more.

It also entails me giving up my Friday night. Which is fine as I've been wanting to work on this for the past three weeks. First I was on vacation (and opted not to take the laptop so I could actually have a vacation) and then I had a friend in town, and then work started getting really busy...again.

I have another blog elsewhere, but this is one I'd like to keep to anything pertaining to my writing. New brainstorms, hopeful progress on my novel, etc. We'll just have to see where this takes me.

By the way, just a brief explanation for links. I'll be adding a few of the writers and agents blogs that I generally every day or every other day, etc. They're great resources (particularly Kristin's who helps writers from the other side, so to speak). A friend of mine is currently traveling around Indonesia and has some terrific posts about his travels there, so I'd suggest checking that out as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am intrigued... I hope some publishing company grabs this project because it sounds excellent. Best of luck to you.