Pages

Saturday, September 09, 2006

coffee

One of my favorite ways to spend Saturday morning is to wake up early (helped when, like last night, I slept with my window open and so was awoken promptly at 7:00am with the construction beginning next door) and make a large pot of coffee. The coffee will sustain me for the next couple of hours while I open up a manuscript and work on it...and do a little internet surfing.

Of course this morning I had no more creamer left so I had to make a quick trip to my local Starbucks. A very quick trip. I admit, I'm spoiled with a Starbucks only about three buildings down from my. Oh...the tough life of city living.

I also have a lot of revising to work on. Which of course is why I'm updating this. I'm one of those people who works best under pressure, and I've given myself a personal deadline of a week to make these changes before letting some people I know reread the opening chapters. So that means...Thursday night or so I'll be up late probably but it'll get down and (hopefully) be brilliant.

Time to get to work.

No comments: