Pages

Sunday, February 04, 2007

the frenzy begins...

...and I'm hanging out in my apartment doing laundry and French homework. The Super Bowl frenzy is just beyond me. Yes...I realize it's because I am not a football kind of girl. I'll take my Cowboyz anyday and of course have loyalty to the Stillers, but other than that...eh. I actually kind of forgot it was today (gasp! the horror!)

I have since learned...somewhat. In recent years I have fallen for soccer (football) hard, and love it more than I used to. No idea where this recent passion came from. This past summer was my first World Cup with this new-found love. And it rocked! Up until the end when Italy beat France, which shouldn't have happened. France dominated that game. *ahem* Anyway. Yes, I was a little caught up in the football frenzy then. To anyone who chastises this frenzy, I have to say "Come on! We only get this every four years!"

To those who love the game, I say to you, enjoy. It is a relatively healthy way to get out the aggression that seems to be in our nature. I may not understand it or understand the constant stopping and resetting up, or the accumulation of points, but I enjoy the thrill of it. I had a great time the last Cowboys' game I was at, seeing the stands go wild for America's Team (sorry Washingtonians...I had to say it), and I remember thinking that soccer games would be all the more exciting had America's stands filled up to this capacity for the game, instead of the 1/3 section of the stadium.

Enjoy your camadarie, and your arguments if your best friend likes the other team. I'll understand if your week is ruined if your team loses, but may the best team win. And besides...look on the brightside if you lose: you won't have to wait four more years.

There's always next year.

4 comments:

The View from Dupont said...

Hey you! It was great to meet last night and don't forget - we must do a girls' night out of dancing :D

Patricia said...

Hey! Yeah, it was a fun night. Don't worry, I won't forget. I am almost always down for going out dancing.

Anonymous said...

Hi Patricia! It was great meeting you on Saturday.

Patricia said...

Yeah, it was great to meet you too!