Pages

Sunday, June 17, 2007

out of practice

The great thing about living in Washington is that everything is pretty much within walking distance. The downside is that my four-inch stilettos are not necessarily the most comfortable pair of shoes to go traipsing around down to the mall and back. In Dallas where I used to wear heels all the time there really isn't anywhere to do a lot of walking...except maybe the Galleria or from one end of the parking lot to the mall.
I do have several pairs of cute, comfortable shoes, such as my Coach tennis shoes, a pair of stylish black tennis shoes and of course, my all white Adidas for jeans and Sunday afternoons. However, I felt Sunday brunch with a good friend I haven't seen in months called for something...a little different. I wore a pair of dark wooden sandals with a three-inch heel. I figured brunch was only a few blocks away.
Now that I'm back home and wanting to give my feet the rest of the day off, I realize I may have been a little too hopeful. The decorative leather did rub a little skin off and of course, hard wood is not the best thing to stand on and walk for several blocks.
I am not the sort of girl to give up after one try. I may bring these shoes with me to work and try them around the office to break them in, eventually hoping to wear them out and about again. Besides...they're super cute and chic!
And I'm female. I'm a short female. It's the price I am willing to pay. It's like guitar. When you haven't played in awhile it hurts because your callouses are gone and you just have to wait for them to build back up...or so I'm told. I remember the first few (and only) times I played my friend's guitar, my fingers hurt very much afterwards.

2 comments:

Across The River said...

Hey, congrats, you got quoted in today's Express.

Patricia said...

Hey! Thanks for the heads up and the congratulations.