Pages

Sunday, July 19, 2009

tour guide preparation

I had confirmation today that family will visit over the next holiday weekend, and I am so stoked. We'd already talked about a couple of things to do, but now that the schedule's firming up, I'm starting to mentally put together a basic agenda. Now, keep in mind she's been to DC before, many years ago, some of the obvious stuff we can skip. Except the memorials as the WWII memorial wasn't up when she was last here, so we'll go see that. And I thought today that her trip might be a good time to finally go up into the Washington Monument...something else I haven't done in the last four years.

Other options? While scoping out the Spy Museum, I saw this thing for Spy at Night, which might be kind of cheesy, but for visiting family, it might be the right amount of cheese. And then of course there's Georgetown, and some of the other neighborhoods that she may not have seen while last here doing mainly touristy type things. And of course...dinner at my favorite Ethiopian place. That's a type of cuisine that I don't think has hit her city yet.

I know, I know...I have time. But it's a lot of fun to plan. It's a good chance to also do some things I haven't done before, like that Spy at Night. I'm open to other suggestions as well!

No comments: