Pages

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

my so-called life

The other night I headed on over to Hulu, thinking that maybe I'd watch an episode of Chuck from season 2...because it's taking too long to come out on DVD with Netflix. But...when I got to Hulu, I discovered something even better.

My So-Called Life is currently up in its entirety.

I don't know about you, but that was one of my favorite shows! If I didn't want to be Angela, I wanted to know her, to have a friend like her. And I know that I definitely wanted to know a Jordan Catalano.

There were definitely moments where I knew exactly what they were talking about. I'd had those thoughts, or would have those thoughts very soon and relate over the reruns. And what's interesting is to go back and watch it now. The show was on when I was in Junior High, and then I caught some reruns occasionally throughout high school...but once college started...I don't think it was ever on. Or if it was, I didn't see an episode. I don't think that I've watched it in the decade since I started driving. It's interesting to watch the show now as an "adult," after I've had all those experiences.

"What's amazing is when you can feel your life going somewhere. Like, your life has just figured out how to get good. Like, that second." - Angela Chase

Oh, and another great show on Hulu? 21 Jump Street. I used to love catching the reruns. And yeah, Johnny Depp has always been cool.

No comments: