Pages

Saturday, November 21, 2009

sleep alone

The other day I came across a new song, that right now, I can't seem to get enough of. The song is "Sleep Alone," by Bat for Lashes. A clip of the song was on a recent Vampire Diaries episode. After just hearing the music alone, before any vocals, I had to have it. It was haunting.

Thankfully the internet is around. So I was able to look it up and buy it, able to listen to it in full right then, and put it on my ipod for my walk to and from work. It's also definitely on the playlist I have for writing. There are a couple of scenes that I definitely would love to have the same feel as the song. Hmmm...what I mean is that when I wrote them, I knew the ambiance I wanted these scenes to have, and then when I heard the song, I thought "that's it!"

I have always loved music that has this kind of dark beat, with light, feminie vocals over them. I've always thought it's such a unique and beautiful juxtaposition, you know? Think Sarah McLachlan's Silence, or even just a lot Sarah McLachlan's work.

Now it's back to writing, with Sleep Alone definitely on the playlist.

No comments: