Pages

Saturday, January 30, 2010

snow

You know one thing I love about snow? Besides the obvious of course, of it just being snow and so warranting my love to begin with.

The quiet.

Logan Circle by you.

It has been snowing now nearly all day since I've been up, and shortly after it started, I shut off my computer and curled up with my book to read. And a calm quiet settled in my apartment, and even in the hallway where I hardly heard anyone stirring. It was as though my building decided to stay inside with the heat, our large windows and just enjoy a day of...well...doing nothing.

But even when I stepped outside to pick up a few items for the rest of the weekend, it struck me just how quiet it was outside. With the snow still falling, there weren't many cars out, and those that were drove slowly. The people around kept their voices down, like talking would break the mesmerizing spell of the snow.

And you know...it's kind of nice.

I'm back home now, I've finished my book and am sitting here with a cup of sipping chocolate, back at work on editing, and the snow is coming down harder now for a spell. And while it has been an extremely unproductive day, it has been one of the best days I've had in awhile.

No comments: