Pages

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

metroless

There are times when I miss catching the metro. I have had some very interesting experiences and observations while sitting, or packed like one tiny little sardine, on the train. Writers observe things, and here's a prime observation opportunity that I don't partake in.

But then there are other days, that I praise my very lucky stars that I walk home from work and pour a glass of wine in the amount of time it would probably take to walk to the metro and try wait for a slightly less packed train.

I just have to pick up little gems elsewhere. Luckily this city is full of...interesting people and situations. Inspiration is everywhere.

1 comment:

Grad School Reject said...

I'd venture to say that the any DC area bus will also provide you with some stories. Now whether they are good or bad....I think in this area it is always a toss-up.