Pages

Sunday, November 26, 2006

Thanksgiving

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

A week ago it finally felt like the holidays. I was walking home from the National Gallery of Art with a coat and scarf, a Starbucks holiday cup, it was grey and freezing (my definition of freezing). And now this weekend it's back up to 60? I thought this was finished and it was officially freezing season? It almost doesn't feel like the holidays.

But I will be visiting Texas in less than 30 days so I'm not really complaining.

In honor of the holidays, I've started to think about what I'd like to accomplish in 2007 since, well...since it's almost 2007. Here's what I'm thinking (subject to change, of course).

1. Travel to Paris (or at least have strong, firm plans to do so in 2008).
2. Travel to Montana (perhaps not as enchanting, but I love it there)
3. Have plans to publish my novel.
4. Maybe sell one of my photographs? (something I'm thinking of venturing into: http://www.evade.org/images.htm).
5. Take French lessons to brush up
6. Finally take either salsa or flamenco class
7. See The Phantom of the Opera at Kennedy
8. Pay off some bills
9. Finally go see Mount Vernon
10. Weekend in Boston

That was actually a little rough. I was trying to think of 10 things I really wanted to do. I used to want to live in Boston, but after the winters here there's no way I could do that. But it would be wonderful to go back in the Spring and visit. If number 4 doesn't happen, then I'd like to finally go spend some time in New York.

No comments: