Pages

Sunday, December 10, 2006

National Gallery

Sort of last minute I decide I do want to attend the lecture at the National Gallery on Picasso and Matisse. The other ones I've attended have been quite interesting. So I finish getting ready and haul it down to the National Gallery (from Dupont Circle area), and make it there just in time to get in line and be sure I have a choice in seating.

I walk in the door, have my bag checked and start to head down to the auditorium. And then what do I see? A notice that the lecture is postponed until next weekend.

I guess the good thing is since I didn't want to just turn around and walk back out, I got to look through the National Gallery's East builidng for a bit, which is something I haven't done in awhile. I had no idea there were so many Picasso's here. Not sure the Matisse cut-outs interested me very much, but his paintings did.

I recommend checking out what's up currently at the Gallery. And look at the West building too. The Streets of New York exhibit is great, if it's still up. I can't remember how long that one is supposed to go for.

No comments: