Pages

Saturday, December 16, 2006

there was a chill in the air

This weather is throwing me for a loop, and it's actually starting to get a little annoying. Those who actually know me, and also some may have surmised this already, but I've discovered after one winter in DC that I'm not so much of a fan of this cold weather. Therefore, my body needs time to get ready for the cold weather, sort of a...shutting down, if you will. My mind also needs to come to terms with the fact that for a few months, there will not be so much exploring the city or going out at night when the temperature drops even more.

This isn't happening. It's back up to somewhere in the 60s now. Which is great, because I can go walk around DC, but I'm a little tired of all this teasin'! I also want it to be cold (I know, contradicting myself) so that when I'm down in Texas, I will be extremely appreciative of the heat. No fun if it's the same temperature here as it is there.

Ok I'm done. The good news is that I can still walk down to the National Gallery for my postponed lecture on Picasso and won't have to take the metro. I don't like taking the metro when my destination is conceivably within walking distance. Unless it's late. Or cold.

I can't believe this is the weekend before Christmas Eve. One more week to go and then I'll be on vacation! I wasn't going to take my writing with me...but I'm starting to think that I will. I'm already imagining my favorite coffeehouses and working there to kill the afternoon hours.

1 comment:

Across The River said...

This has definitely not been a normal beginning to winter. I need some cold weather so that I can forget about the muggy, shirt drenching summer we had here. 60 degrees is like drinking a luke-warm beverage, very unsatisfying.