Pages

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

observations

Today was the day for interesting observations.

Middle of the afternoon I had to run a quick errand and was walking down I street when I see this older man standing stock still in the middle of the next block...and then I see hands wrapped around him. As my light changed and I got closer, I saw this very executive looking man being hugged by a younger homeless man. By the time I was near enough to hear anything they said, the homeless man had let go and the executive was frantically trying to get to the next crosswalk. I figured he must have given him some money, but the guy still asked everyone for 37 cents (so exact).

Second, just in front of my office building, a cab hit another car while crossing the intersection. I didn't quite see it, only heard it and then saw the cab pull away a little, so I can't quite say what happened.

Oh, and the final interesting point of note, was that all of the elevators in my office building were "broken," to use the technical term of our engineer. Only in the afternoon. But when I went down to run my errand, the elevator went all the way up to the penthouse, stopping at every floor, and then back down to the lobby...again, stopping on every floor. And of course, when I went up, we first went all the way to the garage and then back up to my floor.

I always wondered what the penthouse looked like. Honestly...I kind prefer the third floor better.

No comments: