Pages

Saturday, January 06, 2007

beautiful

Anyone reading this who lives in DC knows how incredibly beautiful it is today. I went out to run some errands and it's just...it's not how I remember last January. I hope this keeps up for a very important holiday coming up in a few weeks (well, important for me).

Unfortunately one of my errands was slightly unsuccessful. I wanted to go to the Container Store to pick up some organizational materials for...yes...one of my semi-resolutions. I don't usually make resolutions, but one of the ways I'm starting off this new year is cleaning/organizing and so...I guess that's a resolution. Anyway, the store's having their Elfa sale and I really didn't feel like waiting in line to purchase a couple of baskets and a container for dried pasta. I'll be back sometime during the week.

I made some delicious pasta yesterday that I may have to make again in a few days once I run out of the leftovers. I plan on cooking dinner for some friends in a few weeks, when I have some time. Tonight would be perfect though...have the windows open, lounge music playing, good conversation, theoretically tasty food and a slightly more organized living space.

But that's what happens when you live in a shoebox inside the confines of a relatively packed city. You eat on a coffeetable. I prefer to think of it as...oh, let's say bohemian. It's from my years as a Californian. I read this yoga article about trying to sit on the floor for some time every day to help open up your hip flexors. That's exactly what I'm doing. I've intended to do this.

Anyway, back to it being a beautiful day. If you live in DC, go outside and enjoy it. Because you know eventually the bitter cold will come and crush all these positive feelings. And then after the cold, the sweltering humidity. Why DC's founders couldn't move DC a little more South and not put it on swamp land is beyond me.

No comments: