Pages

Friday, July 27, 2007

happy anniversary to me

Two years ago today I moved into my apartment in DC and, if I remember correctly, spent the evening putting together my futon so I could sleep that night, and using a packing box as a dinner table with a Whole Foods ready-to-go meal being served out of the plastic containers.
Oh yeah, it was that classy.
And now, two years later, my apartment is packed with bookshelves full of books, proper and clean plates (they were still in the boxes when I ate that first dinner).
So I have survived for two years, though there were a few periods where survival was questionable (usually right around December or January). And, last year as well, as the end of July starts creeping up and it's time for me to decide whether or not I want to sign on for another year, I think about and think about it and think about it some more.
And I made the commitment (and actually added a few extra months) because even though the last two years have been good, you know what they say: Third time's the charm. So...I have a feeling my third year in DC is going to be great. I feel like some things are finally starting to get in order, which I think will give me some more opportunities to do some more of the things I want to do (I know...very cryptic), and I've got some ideas as well for the upcoming year.
Once again...happy anniversary to me.

4 comments:

A. Marigold said...

Happy anniversary, and good luck with your third year in DC!

Patricia said...

Thanks! I will say that I miss LA after about four years there. But I suppose DC has its charms. :)

Across The River said...

Let me echo the happy anniversary. A little bit more time here and you'll be craving the DC winters. ;)

Patricia said...

Never happen. :) Thanks for the well wishes!