Pages

Saturday, January 24, 2009

ballet

I used to dance. Growing up, I took ballet for several years (along with soccer, which sometimes made Saturday mornings very busy). And then I took dance all throughout high school, which was granted more jazz and modern. But we did do an occasional ballet period after our concerts, and those classes always reminded me of these little muscles in your legs that really don't get worked much on a day to day basis.

But I always loved dance. And whenever I've stopped taking it, I always want to take it back up. And I do plan on it.

Today I made a little progress with getting back to dance. I still remember the ballet workouts and warm ups and all of that, so this morning I spent about 25 minutes working on some basic ballet warm ups. And about midway through, I was already thinking that those muscles I forget are there would definitely be reminding me they're still around come tomorrow and Monday. But it's good. I always feel better after dancing, no matter how tired I feel or how much my legs feel like jelly.

I think I may have to look back into those classes. There were some tomorrow. Hmmm...

And I think I'll be keeping up with the ballet at least. Even if it's just a short workout here and a short warm up there.

No comments: