Pages

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

happy new year!

Again!

It's the Chinese New Year, welcoming in the year of the Ox. And what a good time to enter into the year of the Ox. Ox is said to bring prosperity, but I think some of that is through patience and hard work. Which maybe we, in general, haven't really worked on...judging by the current economic climate.

But I want to steer away from that subject, as there are many who study those kinds of things for a living writing on the topic. I just wanted to wish you all a very good Ox year! And maybe hope for a little oxen prosperity too.

I have always been fascinated by astrology, Western and Chinese. It's a very interesting personality study. As far as Chinese astrology is concerned, when I was growing up I felt I had lucked out by just barely making it into the year before me due to the way the Chinese new year fell that year. I am a dog, just making the cut before the year of the pig. According to
Wikipedia, the dog is:


"Dog (Yang, 3rd Trine, Fixed Element Metal): Honest, intelligent, straightforward, loyal, sense of justice and fair play, attractive, amicable, unpretentious, sociable, open-minded, idealistic, moralistic, practical, affectionate, dogged. Can be cynical, lazy, cold, judgmental, pessimistic, worrier, stubborn, quarrelsome."

Which, looking over those, a lot of those characteristics fit in with my zodiac sign, Aquarius (oh, if you look at the Dog page over on Wikipedia, it says that it is roughly associated with Aquarius! Imagine that).

Even though I like being a Dog, I still think it would have been fun to be Tiger or a Dragon. How cool would that be? But...overall, again, I'm pretty content with my signs: Aquarian and Dog. And I think I once read somewhere that in Native American astrology I was an otter. Fun!

No comments: