Pages

Friday, October 30, 2009

NaNoWriMo 2009

Awww...exactly two years today, I signed up on NaNoWriMo (for those of you not in the know, that's National Novel Writing Month). Not that I remember exactly what day, but when I logged in today, it lists the date you joined.

To be honest though, I wasn't planning on signing in at all this year. I finished my novels the last two years, using it as an exercise to just get the ideas out, and it was really good. This year, however, I already knew was going to be a little crazy. I'm currently taking a class, so I have homework, plus I've got some travel that will cut into my writing time too. Though, I'm not complaining about the travel.

But...well then we started talking about it. And then of course I thought of the great motivation that is the word count bar, and even the graph, where you can visualize your progress. Plus, there's the added competition of trying to just get five more words than your friend before going to sleep.

And I also have this idea I've been playing around with, not really sure if it could go anywhere, but I would like to start writing and see where it goes.

So. Am I going to do it again?

Let's just say I'm thinking about.

No comments: