Pages

Saturday, April 07, 2007

is this normal...anywhere?

Today I woke up to see snow on the roof and fence around a building behind me. Snow. Less than a week after 80 degree weather. This is freakish...this is Texas weather. Weather where it changes drastically in less than 24 hours. I wondered if this was normal anywhere in the world...except maybe Montana.
Last night I was on the phone with my Mom, complaining about my dashed dreams now that the weather had turned cold again and forced me back inside (and forced me to turn my heat back on). She pointed out that it snowed the first April we had in Texas. I don't remember that, but she says she has pictures. But I don't remember snowing the other twenty years in April I lived there. Some people blame global warming for the odd weather...but if it snowed in April twenty years ago...well...then either you can't blame global warming or it's been going on a lot longer than we thought. Maybe with a break in between.
The good news is that I got a lot of writing done last night, which was wonderful. Pages of it. It's been awhile since I've sat down and written so much because I've been so busy, and next week will be pretty busy too. It looks like much of the snow has already melted, and I'm debating on heading back down to look at the cherry blossoms again. I have to say thanks again to a certain law student who bought me a scarf and a hat to keep me warm. I'd already packed away my other scarves and hadn't yet had a chance to pack these away. Funny the way some things work out.
I'll admit I'm looking forward to another evening in with a huge mug of vanilla cappuccino and some great music and my laptop. I forsee many more pages being written tonight. So I guess I do have Easter plans. Happy Easter (to those celebrating it)!

No comments: