Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

summer

Today I bought a bag of tortilla chips with a hint of lime and some salsa. By the one, one of (out of many) things I miss about the great big grocery stores of...well, I guess the suburbs but I haven't been in one that matches North Texas yet, is the salsa selection. There are just a few kinds, and only mild and medium. What happened to hot? I'm a Southern girl...I'd like my salsa hot, thank you.
So I've had a few of this delicious concoction, and...I reallly miss my old house. What I'd like to be doing right about now is mixing up some margaritas, grilling some vegetables for fajitas and quesadillas, then sitting out on a patio next to the pool and enjoying the setting sun, maybe with my Brazilian remixed CD playing in the background. Doesn't that just make you crave the lazy days of summer?
I know. Once we get that...we'll be complaining about the humidity. But I'm sure there could be a few days where there might be some dryness in the air. If that's the case, then I suggest chips and salsa somewhere or up on some rooftop. I'll have to look into when I'm down in Texas for an upcoming long weekend (I'm counting down the days).
PS: If you're a little behind on your classic TV dramas/soap operas...that picture would be one of Dallas, good old Big D.

1 comment:

Patricia Heatherington said...

Hey! That actually works better; some plans have changed as of today for timing for this weekend. Monday I could do, but it may have to be a little later than right after work (I'll be in late that day, so I'm going to try to stay a little late).

But email me or call me sometime over the weekend and we'll figure something out! Which is great, because I actually have a short idea I'd like to discuss iwth someone. :)