Pages

Saturday, May 26, 2007

gazpacho...finally

No...I'm still here. I haven't gone anywhere. Well, technically I did. I spent a very long weekend last week in Texas for a much needed vacation. As far as I'm aware, I'm here through August when I will finally have a chance to go back and visit Montana (it's been three years!) and escape from the humidity.
I hate to report that I haven't been up to a whole lot. The title of this post relates to last night's activities. Two years ago I asked for, and received, a blender for Christmas because I'd really been wanting to make smoothies and gazpacho. Unfortunately, said blender was held hostage in Texas due to my lack of suitcase space and it being just a little to heavy to justify shipping costs. Realizing the only way I would probably see this blender would be to move back to Texas, I finally bought a new one here several weeks ago.
Last night I made gazpacho from a recipe in a Mediterranean cookbook, out of many recipes for it that I have and all are slightly different, and it was wonderful! I was a little hesitant about how it would turn out. I had a freak weird skin-allergic reaction to the last soup I tried making because of the chili peppers (it was some Thai coconut soup). Nothing went wrong last night, except for my lack of only having one large container for the unblended soup and dividing the blended portions up into two smaller containers.
I bought some extra ingredients to try this chilled almond soup when I finish all my gazpacho. Not quite sure how that one will taste. But I hope to make more gazpacho throughout the summer, possibly trying the other recipes and seeing which one I like best.
Sorry for the prosaic post. I'm trying to think up a title for my short story right now while editing and also reading an incredible novel. I'll post later about my trip and will probably also post about this novel when I finish.

No comments: