Pages

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

titles

I'm usually pretty good at coming up with titles. Sometimes the title even comes first, a word or a phrase...and then the idea develops further from that. I have several documents with a title and then a few sentences about the idea, maybe a few opening paragraphs, and then that's it. I'll come back to them later, but it was an idea that gripped me at the time and I couldn't wait to put it down so I wouldn't forget it.
Now...whether these titles themselves are any good may be up for debate.
Unfortunately...I'm finishing up a draft for a story and I have nothing. Not even a thought of a title. Well, ok, that's not completely true. I've thought a few but they seem far too cliché to use for this type of story.
And it needs a title. In a few days. Preferably in a day. Send positive thoughts my way and maybe the perfect one will come to me in a dream. I should just make sure I write it down the moment I wake up, otherwise I'll be kicking myself for forgetting.
Hope everyone had a nice Memorial Day weekend!
By the way, if you're looking for a couple of hours to kill, I'd recommend going to see Shrek the Third. I saw it this afternoon and even though it has its cheesy moments (and of course we saw the cheese coming), it was cute and I laughed a lot. And I about froze in the theatre which was a great way to escape the humidity clinging to your skin outside.
If I can just find my own adorable, swashbuckling feline with a Spanish accent...

2 comments:

Across The River said...

I seem to come up with some really excellent titles for blog entries. Of course most of them do me no good as I can't think of good posts to go along with them.

Patricia said...

Hmmm...I have to admit I think my story/novel titles are better than my blog titles. Hope you keep a list of your titles, you never know, maybe the perfect occasion will arise. Or you could have a really random title for some prosaic entry with nothing to do with the title. :)