Pages

Thursday, June 12, 2008

summer music

Driving me back to DC last a night, a friend had blues playing on his stereo and he commented how the blues is summer music for him. Now whether that had to do with the music itself, or summer music memories, could be up for debate. But that got me thinking...
I do have music in rotation throughout the year depending on the seasons. Granted, there a few staples that play throughout the year depending on my mood, such as lounge, dance or rock. Although I do listen to a lot more lounge and softer/quieter music in the winter months. But as soon as summer hits, that music often heads into the background for my summer staples. And it's really time I put that music back into my rotation.
In the summer I love Brazilian music.
Latin in general, but there's a lot of Brazilian in my stereo during the sunny, sweltering months. I'm listening to some on now on Pandora, hoping to find some new artists to add to my collection (my inspiration for that radio station was Bebel Gilberto). And all I want to do is sit out in the sun with a caipirinha and a book, or maybe catnap and let my skin soak up the sun (with the proper SPF of course).
I used to complain that I much preferred the colder months and did not like summer. But I've since learned that has changed. I love sunshine and warmth and being out in the sunshine. Just as you can gather from my last post, it's the humidity that pushes that lazy, contented feeling into misery. If I could just my heat and sun without a lot of the moisture, I'd be a happy girl.

No comments: