Pages

Saturday, August 23, 2008

iced coffee

Is it just me, or does iced coffee appear to be the new drink of choice?
It's everywhere now. It's in the windows of nearly every coffeehouse I pass, and not to mention on the sides of buses and bus stops. Just the other day I received an email from a French bakery I love introducing their new iced coffee. And there was a coupon for one for something like $2. Although, isn't that the average price of an iced coffee?
Really, what's so revolutionary about iced coffee? It's easy to make (I make it a couple hours into the day if I have coffee left), and we've had hotter summers that would warrant the news much more than the past few weeks have. And even in Texas, where the heat "is too hot for the devil and too hot for men"* hasn't really had such a prominent display of iced coffee before this summer, from what I gather.
First of all, don't get me wrong. I'm not ranting. I'm just making an observation. I like iced coffee. I buy iced coffee if I'm out, would like something cold to drink and would also like a little pick-me-up. It's just not a revolutionary new drink to me...and yet, it's everywhere. Anyone else noticing this?

*10 points if you know what this line is from. Anyone? :) It's from a poem, Hell in Texas. I think I've mentioned it before, but what can I say? It's entertaining and growing up in Texas...I could relate.

No comments: