Pages

Sunday, August 31, 2008

little unexpected things

Yesterday was pretty productive as I ran some errands I'd been meaning to run. But the surprise benefit of being out and about yesterday was a free hair cut. Something else I'd been meaning to get done.

I was out and decided to stop by a salon to pick up a couple of things, and just as I was checking out, a student came out from the school and asked if I wanted a free hair cut because that day was model day and well...they needed some more models.

Ah...so now those stylists standing out on the corner made sense. There'd been several and my first thought was that I'd never seen so many people working there on a Saturday. But...why not? I needed a trim and had been putting it off and putting it off while debating what kind of cut I wanted...but hey, who can say no to a free hair cut?

That made my day. Even if I was a little less than ecstatic about how it turned out, I got the trim I'd been needing and overall my hair looks a lot better. At least I think. Now I can sort of see how my intended style would look, and I think I'll finally go to the salon soon or just wait until I visit Texas again. I used to go to a salon there, and nearly every time I went, even if I didn't have the same stylist, I was sooooo happy with the cut.

But a free hair cut? Totally made my day.

No comments: