Pages

Sunday, August 03, 2008

success!

There's this opera song that I love, but have had absolutely no idea what it was. You may, and probably do, know which song I'm talking about. It's on so many movie trailers and in so many movies as a battle song or just...well, it's a great song to create tension (and patriotic tension at that).

Whenever I hear it I think I need to look it up. And in May when I last saw my sister, the two of us discussed how we need to look it up. But that was a few months ago.

Friday evening I put in a movie and watched the trailer for it, you know, just to get in the mindset of the movie, and guess what song played during the duration of the trailer? Yeah, it was this opera song. And I thought "hmmm...I'm home, with my computer and internet, and I'm going to look up this song now, while I'm thinking about it." Because like all the other times, if I put it off, I'd forget about it.

And I found it. It's "O Fortuna," from Carmina Burana, by Carl Orff. So, for your listening pleasure, here's one video I found on YouTube. Though of course there are many, many videos.



Sound familiar?

4 comments:

Across The River said...

Ha, I had a similar experience. I used to hear this song so much in movies and advertisements that one evening I spent too much time doing vaguely worded web searches for "Song that played in commercials a lot" before I finally found it. I don't have much classical on my playlist, but whenever I'm trying to motivate myself I play this.

Patricia said...

Hey! How are you? Yeah, it's a good motivating song. I think I did something like "opera song in movies" and came across it first in wikipedia , which at least gave me the name.

I saw you're taking a brief hiatus on your blog. Hope you'll be back soon! Always fun to read.

Across The River said...

I'm doing good. Glad to see you're still writing the blog. How's the novel writing going?

Patricia said...

It's going great. I've got the first chapter of one posted online now too. Glad to see you're still reading the bog. :)