Pages

Tuesday, February 03, 2009

teaser

Those of us in the District were teased yesterday, and for a good part of today, with the weather. We were given a taste of what Spring will be like when it's here, and I don't know about you, but it made my mouth water for more. Yesterday was one of those days where I just love living here. I went out and window shopped to enjoy the weather, stopped in at Borders, and...I don't know, when I came out and headed up the street...I just felt so good. Maybe it was the way the sunlight reflected off the glass buildings, or the very faint breeze, or the sunshine on my skin again.

One thing I've come to discover about living in the mid-Atlantic is that I really am a sunshine kind of girl. In Texas, I used to love cloudy weather. But now...I crave my sunshine. I don't know, maybe it was those four years in sunny California that did it.

And so I kept my fingers crossed getting ready for work this morning, just hoping that Phil would not see his shadow. But it was not to be. So...I am trying to think positive thoughts about six more weeks of winter. Six more weeks of hot chocolate and staying warm under my down comforter while watching a movie, six more weeks of curling up with a great book, six more weeks where these gem of a day will be even better than a breath of fresh air...

Still...I also try to think that it had to have been cloudy somewhere today, right? Some groundhog had to not see his shadow. Maybe that one will be more accurate. Because...I can still do my reading at a coffeehouse outside in the sun with a glass of iced soy chai...and that would be just as nice.

No comments: