Pages

Friday, May 08, 2009

korbel and bittersweet music

The past two years when I've been back home for the holidays, I've seen the Korbel commercial many, many times. And every time I watched it, I just thought "wow...I love that song."But of course, I had no idea what it was. Yes, the greatness of the internet meant that I could probably find out what it was had I really had my heart set on it.


Only, I didn't think about it whenever I was around a computer with an internet connection. I thought about looking up whenever the commercial came on, or at random moments if I heard a song that sounded somewhat similar.

So this takes us to last night. I was watching an episode of Moonlight (since Anne Rice back in junior high, I've always had a thing for vampires) and there was this song that I thought, "wow, this is a great song. I wonder what it is." And since I was on my computer, I did a quick search for music from Moonlight, and eventually stumbled upon the details: Mating Game by Bittersweet. I downloaded the song from iTunes and, when it finished, sat down to listen to it.

And after the opening, I realized it was the song from the Korbel commercial.

And that made my night.

2 comments:

Michael J. Sullivan said...

It has a 007 opening theme song sound. Is there a coincidence between that and your liking it--I wonder.

Patricia said...

Haha...you know me too well.