Pages

Sunday, May 03, 2009

48 hour film project

I know...it's been awhile. But it's also been a little busy, but in a really good way. In mid-April, I went to visit some family further out in Virginia, and, like last time, incorporated some sight-seeing into the trip. One stop was something that, also like last time, I had apparently seen when I was little but I have no recollection of it. Surprisingly that was Luray Caverns. The other place was new to me, and that was Madison's home, Montpelier.

I hope to have pictures up soon. I've been working on editing through them the last couple of weeks when i had some free time, and also resizing some of them so they're not quite so huge. There are a lot. Mainly of Luray, and I'm weeding through them. I mean...how many pictures of stalactites do you need?


So last fall I wrote about working on a film for one weekend, and how much fun it was to do. And I was really looking forward to doing it. Last weekend the 48 Hour Film Project took place in DC, on a slightly tighter deadline than the National Film Challenge, but just as much fun.

It started on Friday night and I got the basic outline of a story after about an hour's worth of brainstorming with the cast and crew, and then I was sent off on my own to write a story. No pressure, right? It was really good, because during some of the writing period I'd chat with our Director and DP and others in the crew and we'd flesh out the story some more, and ultimately I was really happy with the story.

I will say that I wish I'd brought my camera with me! I meant to, only forgot early Saturday morning as I was getting ready to head out to filming. We had some really cool locations that have sparked some other ideas. And again, it's just so interesting and a lot of fun to watch the process of a film getting made, and also to be a part of the process.

I just have to ask if there's going to be another one before the fall? Anyone?

2 comments:

Michael J. Sullivan said...

Sounds very cool. Can you share the story or is it off limits?

Patricia said...

I aim to share the movie when it's available online. I'd also be very tempted to take the basic story I wrote and turn it into a short story. I think we'll just have to see about that, but I thought we ultimately came up with a pretty fun idea.