Pages

Saturday, June 13, 2009

baseball

I went to a baseball game this past week. Nationals vs. Reds. And though it was a pretty uneventful game by sporting standards (at least until the rain delay was over, but I didn't stay for that), it was still fun. And for the most part, the rain held out until the ninth inning. There was a spurt kind of early on where I did pull out my umbrella for a little bit, but it wasn't bad.

I went with my writer's group for a break away from our normal meetings. And no matter the sport, I've since learned that there is something to going to a sporting event with several friends or family, or friends of the family. It's being up in the stands, with all the fans, the classic fanfare foods and yes, even the oh-so-classy beer in plastic bottles.

I have not been converted to baseball though, I feel a little sorry to say. But it is not for want of trying! This was my fourth game. I've been to two Rangers games back in Dallas, although I guess in all fairness I should say I don't remember a whole about those. And then I went to a Nationals game at RFK shortly after moving here. Perhaps if I had someone explain everything to me, much like the last Cowboys game, I'd understand the game better and enjoy it. Although...baseball doesn't strike me as confusing as football. Sorry. It looks like a pretty straight forward game.

I know, I know. What do I know?


But the real question. Would I go to another one? Yeah, I think so. With the right people, of course. And hopefully without the rain. Do you know strange rain looks though when you look up at it falling down when you're pretty high up? It was kind of cool, the first time. But then later on when it came in torrents...not so much.

Who's up for a DC United game?

No comments: