Pages

Thursday, June 04, 2009

rain

If I'm not mistaken, all this rain we've been having really should have come in April, right? We had quite a bit of rain in May too, and I remember thinking that it went "April showers bring May flowers," not the other way around. Last night I thought it wasn't raining when I left the office, but it poured. Thankfully, the rain came in light, thin sheets.

At least until I was halfway home and the skies opened up. I even stopped a few minutes under an awning. I had my umbrella, but really at that point, it wasn't doing any good.

To say that I was drenched would be an understatement. And of course....the rain practically stopped just a few blocks from home.

Complaining aside, the thunderstorm did make for a very enjoyable evening once I was home with the windows open and changed into dry clothes made specifically for lounging. And the rain is great also for beauty. Did you go out around DC last weekend? Everything was so green and absolutely beautiful! I took some of the best photos, I think, that I've taken of DC in awhile. Several other times it's been a little overcast, or the colors weren't as vibrant, or what have you.

I have some photos up from last weekend. I had initially planned on just going to the Freer and Sackler Galleries for their new exhibition, but after that I ended up walking around the tidal basin and then down around the mall. I don't think it's supposed to rain this weekend, so I'm looking forward to being out again. But if the rain can just hold off or take a breather on my way to and from work today, that would be wonderful.

No comments: