Pages

Sunday, June 07, 2009

sunday morning

Mmmm....I love the smell of fresh basil. I was buying it for a different recipe, and knew I would only need a small portion of the bunch I was buying, and so I ended up buying a couple of different items for different recipes to use up more and more of the fresh basil. I would have to say that's one of my favorite herbs.

And not a bad way to start out a day. I feel almost like I'm giving away a secret, but grocery shopping on Sunday morning is really one of the best times to do it. The store isn't very crowded so there's no rushed feeling. I was able to get a lot of great fresh fruit to try a new recipe: Fresh Fruit Parfait with Lemon-Poppy Seed Yogurt. Not a particularly difficult recipe, but perfect for Sunday morning. That along with an iced vanilla coffee...can we do Sundays more often? I'd vote for that.

In other news, I have a couple of book recommendations coming up. I finished up The Count of Monte Cristo the other day, and I have to say it didn't take me as long to read as I first thought. Probably because it's so incredibly good you just get sucked up in the story and the time just flows by.

No comments: