Pages

Friday, October 26, 2007

puppy chow

Peanut butter, chocolate and Crispix. Can there be anything better?
I realize this may be a foreign dish out here, seeing as how only two of the people I've talked to had any idea what I was talking about. Usually the response was "Puppy chow? What in the world?"
But I made a box of it last night and am pleasantly surprised to see it disappearing fairly rapidly here at the office. And you know, for a first time, it's not so bad. My sister makes this every year and of course it's always delicious, but I've never made it. And I do have some criticisms...there are a few squares without any powdered sugar, but that's really about it.
I love cooking, and as much as I would love to say that the deliciousness that is this batch of puppy chow are due to my expert skills in the kitchen, I can't. I think it's mainly due to melted chocolate, peanut butter and butter poured over cereal and mixed with powdered sugar.
Genius.
I think I may have introduced several people to something new. They do say that Aquarians are trend setters. Always trying to help.
Enjoy the weekend!

3 comments:

HomeImprovementNinja said...

I'm an aquarius and I like to experiment with new foods too. When I backpacked through europe, there were two groups of people, the peanut butter sandwhich people (usually american) and the nutella people (usually europeans). I decided to experiment with peanut butter and nutella sandwchiches and I think I did more for global diplomacy than the United Nations.

Anonymous said...

Oh, puppy chow how I love thee. I think I'll have to find me a paper bag and shake some up this weekend.

Patricia said...

homeimprovementninja: Mmmm...that does sound good. I may have to try that sometime. And way to go with that diplomacy!

anonymous: I'm still getting comments about it at the office. Enjoy yours!