Pages

Monday, October 29, 2007

wish me luck

On Thursday I begin a new novel, one that will be at least 50,000 words and will finish on November 30. Which coincidentally falls on a Friday, which might be a great time to celebrate finishing a new novel.
That's right, this year I'm participating in the National Novel Writing Month. I haven't in years passed because I was working on other things at the time. Right now I am working on finishing up the first draft of the first book in a YA series that I'm actually really excited about. So when it came to decide to participate, I thought at first that maybe I wouldn't. I wanted to finish this one.
But it's a series. And I roughly have ideas for the first four in the series since it's about four sisters and each book is about one sister (there is more to the idea than that, but I don't want to talk too much about it because the more I talk, the less I write).
Anyway, it struck me that I should go ahead and write the second book. That will definitely ensure that the series continues.
So...wish me luck! I'll occasionally post updates. The only glitch may be my holiday vacation. But I'm hoping to mainly just lounge around the house in Dallas, which should give me plenty of time to write.
And Good Luck to everyone else participating!

2 comments:

Carrie G said...

Ooh, good luck! Count me in for celebratory drinks at the end of the month. :-)

Patricia said...

Thanks! Excellent, more reason to finish so we can have those celebratory drinks. :-) Are your writing this month?