Pages

Sunday, March 02, 2008

to chop or not to chop

Senior year in high school I made the decision to cut my hair into a pixie cut. I chopped possibly over a foot of hair off. And, I loved it. I loved that it hardly took any time to style for the day, that it took almost no time to dry and I didn't have to worry about bumps from a pony-tail or not drying it completely straight.
What I didn't love was the time it took to grow out. I got a little creative with pinning it back so that I wouldn't have to keep getting it cut so often while it grew out (I was in California and the salon I preferred and knew was in Texas). And since then I've kept it long, only cutting off a few inches a year ago to take it closer to my shoulders.
But lately...I've been getting antsy. Especially in the summer when I have to worry about humidity and how hot it can be with my hair down. And for the last year or so I've debated chopping it all off again. I really, really want to, but I don't want to have to go through growing it out all over again. But then it's so much fun having it so short.
I will cut it probably in the coming weeks, and I have one almost shoulder-length style in mind. But there is a growing part of me that things maybe I should just chop it. Have fun with it. So...maybe I should. Hmmm...any thoughts?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Found your blog while just surfing around. For the last 5 years or so, I've gotten a short layered bob at the start of the summer. Then I pretty much let it grow for the rest of year (my husband likes it long for some of the year). But by around Memorial Day I'm tired of the little ponytail and long bangs falling in my face. I just love going super short for the summer and having the hair off my neck and face. GAIL

Patricia said...

Gail,
Thanks for the comment. It's interesting because the women I know tell me to chop it, and the men I know want me to leave it long. I guess it's a guy thing.

But you're right, I'm tired of the upkeep in the summer. I think I'll do what I did the first time I chopped it off: just wait until I'm in the chair and see what comes out of my mouth.

Thanks for stopping by!