Pages

Monday, March 24, 2008

upcoming projects

I had a couple of ideas for posts over the weekend, and just really wasn't around a computer to get them up. And of course now I think they're sort of irrelevant. Anyway.
I have a couple of upcoming, and I guess continuing, projects that I'm really excited about. The first, as some of you know, is the YA series I've worked on lately. It's been so much fun to write and really develop the four main characters, the sisters. They're so different from each other and it's been fun to slip into each one for awhile and give her a voice.
The second is that April is fast approaching and I'm going to participate in Script Frenzy. In college I dabbled a little in screenplays but it's been years since then. And I've had this idea that I love that never quite seemed to work as a novel. I tried different voices, different beginnings, first person and third person and...nothing. I was never satisfied with where it was going. But then as I started talking to people about Script Frenzy, I started thinking that maybe it would work as a movie. And then I started picturing scenes and how they'd play out.
So I expect April will be a little busy. In addition to attempting to write the first draft of a script in a month, I do have a nice long weekend vacation coming up right in the middle. And quite possibly another weekend trip up to New York. Busy month!
Anyone else participating? Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Angie said...

Greetings! This is quite a random posting, but I ran across your blog through a random google search for writing groups in the DC area =)

I just wanted to wave a big hello to another fellow fiction writer in DC! I am also working on a novel, I live in the Northern VA area.

Feel free to visit my blog - www.slice-of-fiction.blogspot.com

Patricia said...

Thanks for stopping by and for the blog link.

Good luck with your novel!