Pages

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

sick puppies

I know...what kind of title is that? Well...this will make my parents smile, because it's the name of a new band I heard over the weekend. (Oh boy...I remember playing music in the car when I was younger, and telling my parents it was Garbage, or Nine Inch Nails...or They Might Be Giants).

I don't really listen to the radio much anymore. Actually, haven't for years. Mainly because I couldn't really find stations I liked during college in SoCal or once I moved to DC. I found a couple, but since I'm not a fan of commercials or talk radio (except NPR on occasion, or now...the Ticket) I always found it easier to listen to CDs when out driving.

W
henever I go to Dallas though, I'll have a bunch of CDs to play but I'll also scan through the radio stations every couple of songs or so. And this past weekend, The Edge did not disappoint. There were some classics like Nirvana, Cake, Bush and Smashing Pumpkins, but then while sitting in the parking lot waiting for someone, a new song came on after the one that made me stop and think about first getting my license.

And it was "
Maybe," by the Sick Puppies. And I loved it. It was the music, the voice and the lyrics. Pretty much everything I love about music was there. The lyrics totally nail everything about wanting to go out and try something new, something kind of off the beaten path or something you really, really want to do. And maybe it'll be some good motivation. So if you're looking for something new, I'd check this out. I'll be checking out some more songs, but this was definitely on my "to buy" list once I came back to DC today.

No comments: