Pages

Friday, October 22, 2010

friday!

I forgot for a little bit that it was Thursday night last night. Not quite sure how that could have happened. It was a busy week, but I am looking forward to the weekend. Mostly I'm looking forward to editing the first couple of chapters I've been working on and saving the remaining chapters for National Novel Writing Month.

Yup, that's just a little over a week away. I know you're supposed to write a novel from start to finish during the one month period, but I've always found that little progress bar to be so motivating! Since I have a new idea I'm not very far into, what I think I may try to do is write 50,000 words more of it. So clean up to early chapters that I've mostly finished and then start from chapter 4 and on. We'll see if I still find those 50,000 words motivating or just stressful.


I have to remind myself that next weekend there's a lecture at the National Gallery of Art that I want to attend. It's on Michelangelo, and it's been awhile since I've attended one of their lectures. A few years ago, there was one month or two where I went nearly every weekend in the fall. And then on my way home I'd stop and pick up a vanilla skim latte. Perfect way to spend a chill fall afternoon.

This weekend I don't yet have any set plans. I want to go try to find another pair of boots, but the last few years I've gone on long searches specifically to find a certain pair, and of course I never find the perfect pair until I've given up and stopped looking. Hmmm...I guess that's what's on my mind this morning in a nutshell!  Now let's see if I can get just a couple of more sentences in the novel  before heading off to work.

No comments: