Pages

Friday, October 01, 2010

upcoming posts

Lately I've been thinking of this blog and how I've been posting more than my past history of posting, which is a good thing. Posting more is definitely something I've had on my agenda. Of course, the question is just usually what to post about. Thankfully a city like DC does give me enough things to do, like this weekend's upcoming Turkish Festival (yay!).

I look forward to this every year, if only for the Turkish coffee.

But over my cup of coffee this morning, and doing a little bit of organizing of my bookshelves, I got to thinking more about books. Big surprise. But I got to thinking about specific things that I have liked about certain books, whether it's plotting, a particular character (either hero or villain), or delicious characters I'd like to know, or those I'd like to be, and settings....all those little key points.

And there you go.

I thought of a short (maybe) series I plan to embark on with posts. I'll post about certain aspects of novels I've loved in the past. And it would also be a good excuse to finally go back and reread some of those books I loved to revisit exactly what it was I liked about it. Not that you need an excuse, but still. For instance, I remember loving Anna Karenina, but I couldn't tell you exactly why now since it's been so long since I've read it.

And of course there will still be a short recap about the Turkish festival, among other things. Have a great Friday and weekend!

No comments: