Pages

Monday, November 12, 2007

20,000 words...finally

My grand plan to get well ahead of the game isn't quite working. I've been getting only a little ahead each night, giving me enough time to get in the day's average 1,667 words. Getting ahead is important because of that little Thanksgiving holiday. I will be spending six days with my lovely family and while the weekend will be more than relaxing, I'm not sure I'll have the time to write a little over 10,000 words.
I have a feeling that when I'm not eating Thanksgiving food (minus the turkey in my case), watching movies or putting up Christmas decorations, I will be engaged in other pursuits that will at least be related to words: reading and playing endless amounts of Scrabble.
I would love it if I could get to 40,000 by next Wednesday night so as not to feel guilty if I get little to no writing done. Maybe 45k. I can dream, can't I?
Oh, and there's also the fact that I've been itching to work on the first novel in this series which I haven't had time for since I've been trying to finish this second one.
The good news, in terms of writing I guess, is that it's cold. The cold is here, and though it's supposed to be up around 60 early this week, it's supposed to get cold again at the end of the week. Those of you who know me know that this Southern girl prefers to hibernate in the cold weather rather than go outside and get assaulted by the bitter wind and freezing moisture in the air that makes it hard to breath.
I prefer to stay inside with hot chocolate/coffee/tea/sherry with sweats, a down comforter and that will give me more than enough time to write. I have a feeling this will be a very productive winter.
If only I had a fireplace. But...I guess I can't have everything.
current word count: 20,039

No comments: