Pages

Thursday, November 01, 2007

it begins...

It's November 1 and the National Novel Writing Month has begun! I normally try to wake up early to get my workout in and over with (key word: try), but this morning I woke up early to start writing.
Granted, I didn't wake up as early as I wanted to and I was slightly distracted by other things on the internet, but as of this moment writing this entry, I'm about halfway through today's allotment. I think I can definitely get the rest done this evening.
And as much as I hate it, I'm not doing any editing right now. Normally when I hit a wall with the current scene or upcoming scenes, I'll try to go back through and edit. But I think over the weekend I'll be able to make time to go back and edit a little bit. This will still be a very rough first draft.
I'd also like on the weekends to write a lot and build up a nice little safety net for the day or two when I just don't write (although I hope that won't happen) or write under the daily minimum, imposed by me. This way I'll definitely be able to write at least 50,000 words by November 30.
Good luck to those participating!

No comments: