Pages

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

daylight savings

I realize I'm a little late with this post. But this morning was the second morning in a row that it was just rough to wake up early. Normally it's not too much of a problem. I wanted to get in either a workout or some writing (and I did finally get out of bed, just not as early as I'd wanted). My first thought was to blame what many others blame: Daylight Savings.

Only one little problem with that. It's fall. We fell back. So my 6am wake up call was really 7am, which is what time I'm usually sure I'm up by. And it's only been two days so it's not like I've had a lot of time to adjust.

The other thing is walking home with a setting sun. Normally I like this because it's calming and makes me want to go home, curl up with a book or a movie and some tea...take my time making dinner, etc., etc. But maybe it's because I'm not ready to admit that it's already November that it bothered me yesterday.

Oh well, since I can't change time, I guess the only thing I can do now is sit back and wait for my favorite Starbucks holiday cups. I get so stoked when I see my first one, either in a Starbucks or out on the street because to me that means it's officially the holidays.

current word count: 9327

No comments: