Pages

Saturday, November 17, 2007

california dreamin'

All the leaves are brown and the sky is gray
I've been for a walk on a winter's day
I'd be safe and warm if I was in LA
California dreamin' on such a winter's day


It's official. I bought tickets yesterday and I'm heading out to Southern California in February for a nice long weekend of sunshine and warmth. It's possible this may not have been the most responsible of decisions. Those who know me know I'm working hard to get my finances in order and save for more foreign trips (like Paris, Greece, Italy, etc.) but...I miss California. In May of 2008, if I wasn't going, it'd be three years since I'd been back.
I am so excited.
I'll stay at my old roommate's place who has told me that she actually works at our University now. And she is wonderful. Most of my best times were with this girl. She lived down the hall from me Freshman year and we roomed together the next two years (and honestly, I think junior year was the best year of the four...though Senior Spring was nice too).
And my best friend has said she'll drive down from Northern California to see me while I'm there, a girl who we can pick up the phone and talk for hours like we just saw each other the other day, but whom I haven't seen in almost three and a half years. Ahh...sunshine, warmth, mountains....palm trees...this will get me through the cold months coming up. That and the fact that I've recently learned Texas is having 70-80 degree weather in the next 10 days when I'll visit. My mother isn't liking that weather, but I'm looking forward to it.
I know I have until February, but I'm already planning the things I want to do and see while there that I think we'll have time for. And hopefully this will cure some of those pangs I feel when I miss California. Because I've said I could move back in a heartbeat. Of course...it could also be that I go visit and re-fall in love with that place and definitely decide to move back.

No comments: