Pages

Friday, November 16, 2007

I feel like a slacker

After two...ok, maybe three days, of business, I have fallen behind in my word count. Today I wrote a brilliant sentence in the novel. One. Granted, I was instead working on a short story for my writers' group, so I was still writing (ok...editing). But I'm consoling myself with the fact that I do have the weekend. And there is the chance I will write on vacation next week.
I have of late been saying that I write more in Texas. Time to put that to the test.
On a completely different note, is anyone as stoked as I am about fall finally settling in? Yes, I know I complain about the cold, but that's usually only when it drops below 45...maybe 40. But this is only my third fall in DC and I'm still in awe of the leaves. I didn't even really mind the rain on my walk to work this morning, and it was a wonderful walk home with the pink sky and light orange toned buildings from the setting sun, and then the colored leaves and the dampened pavement with the traffic headlights reflecting on the puddles.
There is something to this whole season changing.
Anyway, the posts have been slow but I admit, it has been an absolutely crazy few months at work. But I've been reading some fascinating news articles I've wanted to comment on and hope to get around to. And if not, well, I'm sure there will be new and exciting things in Dallas.
Although honestly...I think the only things that are going to happen are Scrabble games, quality cat and family time, and the house will get mostly decorated for Christmas, since the day after Thanksgiving is traditionally the day we do that. We're not crazy. We don't shop that day (and believe me, after working retail the day after Thanksgiving, you wouldn't either).
current word count: 21,040

No comments: