Pages

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

it's snowing!

Yes, I complain about being cold. But you know what? I don't care when it snows. Somehow the snow cancels that bone-chilling cold that makes it hard to breathe.
It's snowed all three winters I've been in DC. This is strange, this is new. Growing up in North Texas, we weren't guaranteed snow every year and were lucky if it snowed at all, even a light dusting.
Anyone looked outside? It's accumulating. There's a light dusting of whiteness on the lawn and driveway at the Embassy in front of my office. And it's still falling. This morning weather.com said there might be a 1 or 2 inch accumulation. To you Northerners, that may not be worth anything.
But for me? That's very exciting. I am a happy girl.
Now...if only I had some hot chocolate...

No comments: