Pages

Saturday, December 01, 2007

I did it!

I honestly wasn't quite sure I'd get a chance to finish. Earlier in the week, the 10,000 words I had left was a little bit daunting. But...I did it, down the wire.
I've always said I worked best under pressure.
This was my first year to participate in National Novel Writing Month. And it's interesting, I've written novels before (my first big one, Paradise Without Heaven, is close to 80,000 words), but not in a month. But even still, I didn't think it'd feel this gratifying to get done with NaNoWriMo. You know?
But it does. I am so stoked that I wrote this novel in a month. On Sunday, ok, maybe on Monday, I'm going to go back to the first book in the series that I was working on slowly, editing as I went.
As for now...I'm going to go watch the rest of The West Wing that I have on Netflix and tomorrow I'm going to celebrate with a movie, sushi and sake.
Hope everyone has a great weekend!Please note that this means I will be back to more interesting posts. All my creativity has gone to the novel and there hasn't been a lot of energy to spare from daily life to writing. So...there wasn't much of any kind of energy left for posts.

No comments: