Pages

Monday, January 21, 2008

work day

I had the day off today but I definitely planned on making it a work day. And not housework or organizing, or whatever else I usually try to get done on a day off. This was real work, so to speak.
I wanted to write today, and get a pretty sizable chunk done too. Lately I've been ecstatic if I could just get about 1,000 words a day written. But today I set my goal at 5,000. And I've nearly reached it. I'm headed out for a short break, which is probably needed, but when I get back I'll only have a few hundred to go, which is very manageable.
As some of you know, I'm starting a language class this week after it was postponed due to the weather, and so my free time to write is going to shrink even more because of class and studying. But this year I really want to see where I can go with this whole "writing thing," see if maybe it is viable.
Now, I didn't spend the whole day on my couch with my laptop in front of me. I did some yoga and did clean up a little. I got rid of some piles of junk and organized some other piles that I'll eventually get rid of.
I'm really looking forward to the next day off I have. I'll be in sunny California then! Looking forward to being back to my mountains, and sun and palm trees and of course those crazy kids I went to college with.
So...all in all...it was a very productive day. Honestly? Probably my most productive day off from work. How did you guys spend your days off?

No comments: